19 January 2009 Monday
Last Saturday Ms Leong said there'd be a CNY rehearsal today, so obviously the quintet has to go. But this morning, after assembly, Mr Lim (band teacher) asked all band members to see him. So I went to see him and Ms Ong. Ms Ong said other CCAs are having the whole CCA perform so it's not nice if we only have 5 people perform. And she said, almost every band member will get at least A2 at the end of secondary school because of all the concerts & performances we have. And she thinks it's not fair that only those 5 people get the CCA points and the rest don't, so she asked Mr Yeo and wanted to pick a song that's still fresh so she chose Sesame Street. Then like last year, the band played Incredibles then the 5 came out. So the band will play Sesame Street then the 5 people come out. When she said this my reaction was like "Aaahhh!" Then I kept shaking my head then she said "Rebecca, you shake your head, are you not sure about Sesame Street?" Then I shook my head again. Aaaahhh! Then went for lesson.
At 3pm I went upstairs because Ms Ong said she wants us to run through in the room before going to the hall for the rehearsal. After a while, we went in and set up instruments. I flipped to Sesame Street and shift my stand closer to Cheng Heng. Then he look in his file and said "Ah Sesame Street." I asked him "What you looking for?" He said "Sesame Street." I said "Here." "Oh ya hor only got one" Haha, cute. We did warm up with Chromatic Low Tones conducted by Germaine. I think she's going to be student conductor. Then we practised SS. After a few times, we went downstairs.
So boring there, 3.30pm is when the full rehearsal starts, not the one for band what. We could actually have stayed up there. Hours at the hall you know! I just play and play anything I want. A while later Darryl came.
Oh ya, there's one part at Overture No. 1 I blasted a bit then there's echo throughout the whole hall, yeah! :D Finally we gathered in concert order. Then we went by the back door to the stage. Before we started they go on the spotlight! Then they go fiddle with the stage lights. When we playing, the stage lights keep going on and off, tsk, stage light have to be one obviously, so people can see us and we can see our scores! After that, the 5 people came out. The band so nice, they clapped as we played and after we finished they clapped & cheered. Aawww... :) Then go back upstairs and dismissed. Bye bye.
Labels: Assembly, Band, Concert Band, Concerts/Performances, Events/Occassions, Seniors, Trombone

