25 November 2008 Tuesday
Today's the day of the competition. Woke up at 6.50am, washed up and went for breakfast. At 8.30am Darryl came and asked me to go for sectionals. He's in room 820 now. We went to look for euphos and he talked to me a bit :) Or else I'll be bored. Did I have a good sleep? No -.- Haha. Sectionals in Darryl's room (with euphos -.- -.- -.-) Practising with ANOTHER section during SECTIONALS is a WASTE OF TIME. THEY make mistakes, WE stop. Stupid mistakes, damn heck irritating to the core! Darryl has to understand that sectionals means one section. When I'm the SL in 2010, I will not make my section suffer like me now! Xue Qi thinks that if Kevin was here, DL won't make us have bi-sectionals because then there'll be 3 and not 2 people. His thinking not straight is it? That reason might be possible, since she mentioned that during practice in school, we trombones don't practise with them, but why practice with them here? She makes sense. There's a high chance that's the reason. *sighs* Anyway, sectionals was fun (although it's irritating) He very bad. Last time on MSN say will show me how to write his Chinese name the next day, until now haven't. Haha! We were talking about Sara, a current Sec 3 who quit band, trombone, last year. I was saying her Chinese name sounds like mine. She's Shi Ya, I'm Shi Ying. Then I said "Oh ya, you haven't show me how to write your Chinese name yet!" "....(thinking)...don't want." -.- And, MIRACLE! My playing was perfect for the first time. Don't know why, I could play the whole both songs. Usually I'd get tired at the melody of Singapura Medley but today both were perfect! After sectionals,went back to my room, then went to gather for whole band rehearsal. Went to the area outside the gym, which is one floor below first floor. We went with instruments and files. Silent practice/singing practice they call it :D Just sing our parts and do positioning. Then go to the Grand Ballroom to practise. There for 20min then tuning room for 15min where we did no tuning, just practising some more. Then lunch. Then practise more in James' room this time, even more irritated for some reason. Then went back to my room to get ready for the actual performance.
Changed into band uniform and black shoes. Gathered at the singing area for singing practice again. Then to the tuning room and after that's the actual performance!!! I played badly. Won't mention the details. After that, we gathered at hall 6, I cried but the tears didn't flow out. I was already emotionally unstable and you added to it. Left our instruments there and went to watch the last band perform. Went back to rooms to keep instruments and went to singing area for debrief, then dinner.
My bag. Took it yesterday. This and the chocolate are my 2 birthday presents :)
.jpg)
Outside the window at the lift lobby. Taken today.
Outside the window. Taken together with the previous one.
Outside my room window. My room has 2 windows since it's the last room. The other window just faces the other rooms.
Bye.
Labels: Chats, Competitions, Concert Band, Concerts/Performances, Events/Occassions, Overseas, Seniors, Trombone

