Send As SMS
TROMBONIST♪♫
不能说的秘密

♪陈诗瑩 Shi Ying♪
China Panda
1995年11月23日
NAS 1R6 08, 2R6 09, 3R1 10, 4R1 11♥
♫义安乐队 Ngee Ann Concert Band- 长号 Trombone!♥♫
♪Section Leader & Band Major 2010-2011♪
♪♫长号 Trombones - Besson T T3, Bach M42 153671, Bach M50 171035, Jupiter JSL-363R-0 M02223♫♪

Twitter page
Sina Weibo page
facebook page

"你出现在我诗的每一页"

LOVES ♥
我爱你 你爱我吗?

♥♥♥MY 弟弟 & BEST FRIEND ZIJIAN! :D

♥♥♥MY SISTER & BEST FRIEND AMANDA! :D

♥♥4R1 2011
Ngee Ann Secondary School
♥♥义安乐队
♥♥长号: Besson T T3,
Bach Bass Trombone M50 171035 (Darling),
Bach Tenor Trombone M42 153671 (Baby) &
Jupiter Tenor Trombone M02223 (Taiwan)
♥♥♥我亲爱的 juniors
♥♥♥音乐♪♫
冰糖葫芦 ^_^
China
Taiwan

Jay**
Kim Ryeowook & Super Junior ♥
♥♥♥

"人间的青草地需要浇水 内心的花园就不会枯萎"

我的心愿 ☆
我已经分不清 你是友情 还是错过的爱情

Get A's for A Levels
Improvement in my 中文
!!!Improve on trombone♫♥♥
Everyone to be happy
Grow taller faster
To have my future sorted out because it got screwed up in the last few years
To have a new goal or to have a plan for my only goal which now seems near impossible

三个愿望...
第一个希望你能健康开朗
第二个希望我能更懂体谅
第三个希望我们永远有话讲

SECRET
Between us


RETURN
lies within hasty keys

-March 2008
-April 2008
-May 2008
-June 2008
-July 2008
-August 2008
-September 2008
-October 2008
-November 2008
-December 2008
-January 2009
-February 2009
-March 2009
-April 2009
-May 2009
-June 2009
-July 2009
-August 2009
-September 2009
-October 2009
-November 2009
-December 2009
-January 2010
-February 2010
-March 2010
-April 2010
-May 2010
-June 2010
-July 2010
-August 2010
-September 2010
-October 2010
-November 2010
-December 2010
-January 2011
-February 2011
-March 2011
-April 2011
-May 2011
-June 2011
-July 2011
-August 2011
-September 2011
-December 2011
-March 2012
-May 2012
-March 2013
-September 2013

!VOYAGE
Follow the notes upon a journey

NASians

♫NAS Band♫♥

♥NAS Concert Band
Cai Yan :)
Chen Hua :)
Darryl :)
Jezer
Mabeline
♥♥Mavis :D
♥♥Suky :D
Zhi Hui
Jaslyn
Carine ♥
Hui Shi ♥
Stacia ♥
Yi Wen

Mr Louis Yeo
Band Fusion
Metronome

Not from Band

Francoise
Si Hui
Wen Ling
Xinyi
Yixuan

IJ Girls

Bernice
Hwee Yee
Monisha

NCO Band 2010

Irina

MUSIC
Listen to the melody


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
with much gratitute!

designer; one .
codings; two .
pictures; three .
Monday, November 17, 2008
Band practice

♫♪I love NAS, Concert Band, Trombones and my seniors!!♪♫

Band practice today! :D We practised Novena only, no Singapura Medley. Darryl didn't come, he was sick... :( Kevin was not that late today, but still late a few minutes, he came before warm ups. He actually sat beside me today instead :O I oiled the slide again! I think this slide need to oil every practice, the top always so stiff! We did Low Chromatic Tones first then Total Training. Kevin didn't take Total Training and we were gonna use it so I rushed in the store room to get it. Brayton conducted all the warm ups, even after the conductors came. I think my low notes (Low B flat downwards) are so cool! I love the sound! It sounds so loud, so nice, so brass! :D I always try to blow more air so I can make that sound when it comes to those notes. Too little air then it'll be no different from my other notes. Ms Leong was standing beside me when I was playing the low notes. She said don't blast. Huh? I wasn't blasting... And she said keep the air going... Huh? My sound was straight, it didn't break... And last time Mr Yeo liked that sound but Ms Leong tell me don't blast? Anyway, later Mr Yeo was beside me when I was playing the low notes, then he wanted to tell me to make a stronger sound, his action was funny and I wanted to laugh, but of course didn't. After warm ups, we started Novena.

Brasses and Woodwinds separated. Shortly after we started, Trombone and Eupho were sent out to practise the first bar where there's high F, for like 10min only. Kevin learnt useful stuff at his workshop on Saturday. Then we went back in and continued Novena. Then after a while more, we all (brasses) went for sectionals. Didn't do a lot like usual. Kevin took me at first, but later we just practise on our own. We didn't play the whole song at once, we did part by part. Sometimes when one of us don't play we still continue because the other plays although it's different parts. Mostly when this happened, it's Kevin couldn't get his high notes then I continued with mine then he come in again. But sometimes when we both stop then have to play the part again. Practising half way Kevin wanted to drink water, he tell me to drink also, so I also go take my bottle and bring out. He said sometimes the mouth gets dry and cannot play the high notes but we won't feel thirsty, so I should bring water and put with me not inside the room like Darryl, haha. I always put it in the room, but I won't anymore after today :) See, I listen to Senior!

We're near trumpets, and behind us there's a room like a hall or something. Then they opened the window to see inside then Kevin also, but the lower window couldn't open so he open the higher one. From where I was, and given my height, I only saw the lights on the ceiling -.- All the windows are high also. Then later he tried to open the lower window but cannot then he go from left to right, trying all the lower windows, haha! Then Mr Yeo went to trumpets and did something with their mouthpiece, then me and Kevin were curiously staring at them, hahaha. Then he came and see our mouthpiece. Mine is fine, but when he saw Kevin's mouthpiece, he go stick some metal thing into the mouthpiece and twist it then take it out. I think it's cleaning the inside of the mouthpiece. After we stop practising together, I was bored so I pulled out the tuning slide and couldn't put it back, hahaha. When I put it back in, it got stuck, and Kevin was looking. Then I was pushing and pushing, then finally it went in, went in all the way and had the 'ching!' sound :S Then he also go pull out his tuning slide and ask me for tissue paper and start wiping one part of it, don't know why also... I tried the starting part of Singapura Medley, but once only, then go back to Novena. Then at about 3.30pm Mr Yeo said we have 30min break, so we put our things in the room and Kevin went for break while I stayed. At first I rested then later I played a bit. I lowered Kevin's stand (because when we have sectionals we stand so we put it higher) and tried playing his parts. I managed some :) And I took pictures! :D

Bass trombone! :D


Kevin's trombone (tenor) which I'm using :D


After break, the whole band combined for Novena. Kevin kept laughing today, I got influenced by him and also kept laughing. Why's he so... happy today? Haha. He's laughing at everything! There's one part he focus on what the woodwinds play, then he ask "Can I have all those people playing (sings tune) ji ji ji ji ji..." (which is quite a weird way to sing) then he also laugh. He still mention the aeroplane thing. After that part, the brasses come in. Then Mr Yeo sang "turbulence" with the tune, haha. Yay, trombone play turbulence part. But actually what he sang is not what I play. He sang 3 notes, mine is 4 notes. I thought that's the flute part... I don't know, maybe other brasses have that 3 notes. Last time the turbulence that he said was on page 2, this one is on page 1. We have another turbulence, yay!

Mr Yeo was at the bottom of page 1, the trombones' and euphoniums' melody. Then he asked Kevin if he's using bass trombone to play 1st trombone. Kevin explained that my instrument and Darryl's instrument were sent for repair so I used his, so he used the bass trombone. Then Mr Yeo said I'm using tenor trombone to play bass trombone part and he's using bass trombone to play 1st trombone. Then asked us to change. Kevin said "Darryl say..." and didn't continue. Mr Yeo asked what it was but he didn't say. I said "You want me to die ah?" Then he looked like he was going to change, then I said "I cannot play!" then he tell Mr Yeo "She say she cannot play" but he still ask us to change. And say to change now, but we didn't immediately change, we were like don't know what to do like that... Then he said "Just change the trombone, don't need to change the mouthpiece, or else you'll be kissing each other" I thought the whole band would laugh, but to my surprise they didn't, just some of them made some sounds, don't know what... He should speak more carefully or it'll cause trouble. It's not like we're same gender, if we were then yes, it would be funny but we're not, so it's not funny but inappropriate instead...

When I changed trombone it was already about 5.40pm, only 20min more. Then after I changed trombone with him (and kept the mouthpiece) he asked me to play my scale. I ask which scale. Haha, B flat major. The first note I played, I played F, then they started laughing, even Mr Yeo, and I also laughed. Then he said something like "Is that concert B flat?" Then I played again, this time correctly and went up the scale and stopped at high B flat. I used trigger for the 2nd note, C :D Then he said something about "rrrrrr" sound. I thought he was talking about the kind of sound I make when my embouchure too loose, but apparently he wasn't... He then told the band "When we were doing Total Training, she was going "rrrrrrr"" Then I understood, he was talking about the cool sound when I played the low notes. They laughed when he said that, but I think they don't even know what he means. How can they know if even I don't? I only understood when he said during Total Training. Then he said "If you can make that kind of sound on the bass trombone, that will be the coolest thing that ever happened to you." Then something like "Like Mighty Mouse like that, so small but use bass trombone!" They laughed, I also laughed. I didn't even know what Mighty Mouse is. I thought maybe he meant a mouse that's mighty, haha. YEAH!! I'M SO COOL!! :D :D :D I continued using bass trombone all the way. I USED BASS TROMBONE!!! But with tenor trombone mouthpiece, which is smaller. Not that I don't wanna change but I can't because our mouthpieces got our saliva. I can't use bass mouthpiece. Last time I used wrong one, I used bass mouthpiece with my gold tenor trombone and I couldn't play properly. That was only tenor, if I use bass mouthpiece with bass trombone I think it'll be worse. Bass trombone was not as heavy or difficult as I thought. I thought I won't have enough air as it needs more air, but I used the same air as tenor and I still played. Maybe it's because I'm, not using bass mouthpiece. Imagine Darryl's reaction when he finds out I played bass trombone today. I have to continue using it, so I think he will see on Wednesday, haha.

Then they brought up the issue about band uniform. 7 people don't have it, but we need it for the competition. Actually Sec 2s also don't have but they borrow from seniors. Sec 1s don't even have at all. Kevin said he's blazer is only until his stomach, haha! Then I said his long pants also very short. It's slightly more than 3 quarters the length of is legs only! They said I could borrow from Mavis. (She's not going to Genting and she's same size as me) At first they were saying who take from Cheng Heng, who take from Bryan. Then when they ask those who don't have to stand, we stand then they ask "Eh then the girls leh?" And Kevin laugh again. Not funny also he laugh. He say the girls wear long pants -.- I was like "No!" Haha! So it's confirmed I take from Mavis :) Her skirt is 24 and blouse is 32. My school skirt is 28 and too big so I think 24 can. I bought 23 initially but changed. 23 have to wear so high, so ugly so I got 28. My school blouse is 34, also too big, so 32 is just nice I think. Yay! :) We're changing band uniform, so I will definitely get one right? But it's black inside! :( Now inside is all beige. They said our uniform is ugly when it's actually so nice and different from others. Now they're gonna change to something uglier? All black inside and red blazer (same blazer I think)? Not nice. Bye!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

AT FIRST SIGHT MARKS ONES' DESTINY, 9:28 PM