Band practice today! It was supposed to be 8am to 12pm but it wasn't. Darryl didn't come. I thought he said he was coming... Either today or next Saturday. Cheng Heng had a workshop today, so he also didn't come, so I'm alone today. I took T3 today! I thought it'll be easier than Kevin's trombone. First time using T3 after changing trombone. Then I went to the classroom block toilet to wash the mouthpiece. When I went back, we took attendance and went out for sectionals. T3's water key is really leaking. Some times I saw water spray out from it, so I put tissue paper. I'm addicted to tissue paper too! Hahaha! Sectionals from 8am to 9.30am I practised by myself :) Novena & Singapura Medley. Ok, this is one time when nothing funny happens in the section because there's only one person :( Then when we're practising half way, it was only 9.10+am but Cliff told us to go back in because there were parents walking around. There's brak until 10.15am. I took a picture!
Serene & Shi Mei's alto saxophones. Looks like mirror image right?
.jpg)
Today's open house, we already decided no to perform downstairs at the canteen but we were still performing in the room. The alumni person called Jezer came and he used Kevin's trombone. Ms Ong was here since we went back into the room all the way until practice ended. She called on visitors to come and see the band. There was a poster outside the room with our name, Ngee Ann Secondary School Concert Band, and wrote our performance times-1030,1130,1230 and 1330. It's ridiculous. They didn't even tell us we're performing and just put posters. We were supposed to end at 12pm but ended at 1.20pm.
We played many songs. Novena, Singapura Medley, March "Blue Sky", YMCA and Seagate Overture (I didn't play, I didn't have this score). Jezer took out Kevin's scores and messed it up a bit. He took them out of the pockets and didn't put it back before he left. So I put it back but don't know if I put it in the correct place. Singapura Medley is so slow then I play half way and start playing wrong notes, correct position but embouchure loose already, I think. I prefer Novena, it's faster and most of the high notes aren't that long. Some times after we played, we got applause! :D First one was from Ms Ong and a visitor. Once the applause was louder, then we turned behind, our seniors! :D Cai Yan, Zhi Hui, Xue Ting and Shir Lin came. Jezer emptied his saliva on the floor!!! Then he left and cleaned the saliva first. Then we played YMCA. Cai Yan sat beside me a while and see Kevin's file (all the Chinese words and drawing of eyes, haha) then see how I play. But I only played the very easy part, because when it comes to around part B, my sound gets a bit weird. One senior ever said that kind of "rrrrr" sound is because embouchure too loose. And some more Cai Yan beside me, I don't wanna play wrong notes in front her. Other times I don't really care, but still care. If I knew today was like this I would have used Kevin's trombone instead of T3 which is softer. Jaslyn's alone today, so at the melody where there's only trombone and eupho, it's very soft! And it can be heard when I play wrongly. And sometimes I can't hear a melody at all...
M Ong was talking to some people when we were not playing. Then she sudden;y said "Rebecca, can you hold up the trombone?" Then I just hold up a bit and the band's like "Woa...." Then Cliff said "Not high enough, stand up stand up" but I saw Ms Ong was talking to them already so I didn't stand... Cliff really wants to show off the band, haha! I should've done like Chen Hua did before. He held his baritone saxophone above him and he was standing too, haha! I should've stood up and held the trombone high, face upwards and go to position 7, hahaha! That'd be something I wanna see! :D If I'd known we're playing YMCA I would've practised it during sectionals. There were some extra chairs (so many people not here, especially brasses, woodwinds too many cannot here lower brasses) so the visitors could sit in the room. Luckily I'm not near them. Later, Cliff decided that the songs we play were too long, the people got bored and walked away, so he decided to play part of the songs only. Novena-bar41-96, Singapura Medley-bar 53 to the end. Just the fast parts of the 2 songs.
There was lunch at 12pm, it was provided but I didn't eat much. I asked Ms Ong why she told me to hold the trombone. She was telling the visitors that they need long hands to play trombone. Haha! :D Great job Ms Ong! I went back to the room after lunch, there was only me, Xue Qi, Cliff and Jaslyn. I went to keep T3 and took out Kevin's trombone. I went to wash the mouthpiece, Jezer used that one. There's 2 but I recognised it by a dent on it, which may've been made by me. And he didn't wash the mouthpiece first before using. The toilet was locked -.- so I used the water cooler. On the poster, there were concert times but actually we just kept playing even when there was no one walking past. I kept looking at the people watching -.- What for actually, they should be looking at us. I saw a person talking about trombone. Trombone is cool, yeah I know. Even when I'm not blowing (too tired or sound not nice) I still position because I want people to notice trombone. I think I'm the most attention-seeking one because I move a lot. I purposely try to show off trombone, haha. We really just kept playing non-stop!!!
I also emptied saliva on the floor but immediately cleaned it. Then put paper on the floor and empty on it. Only for our very last performance there was a whole group of people gathered to watch -.- It's our last performance and we're all tired already then they come and there were less people earlier when we're not so tired -.- I only slept 5h last night (couldn't sleep) and play so much today... I'm tired... DARRYL!!!!! Well, I don't know if it's the trombone or me, now I can pitch high F. I hope I can it on my trombone too. When I closed the trombone cupboard door, I knocked my own head. Ridiculous. Nadhirah said I look so tired. Ms Ong said it's the Sec 1s first time playing so many times. I seriously need to improve!!! Bye.
.jpg)
Today's open house, we already decided no to perform downstairs at the canteen but we were still performing in the room. The alumni person called Jezer came and he used Kevin's trombone. Ms Ong was here since we went back into the room all the way until practice ended. She called on visitors to come and see the band. There was a poster outside the room with our name, Ngee Ann Secondary School Concert Band, and wrote our performance times-1030,1130,1230 and 1330. It's ridiculous. They didn't even tell us we're performing and just put posters. We were supposed to end at 12pm but ended at 1.20pm.
We played many songs. Novena, Singapura Medley, March "Blue Sky", YMCA and Seagate Overture (I didn't play, I didn't have this score). Jezer took out Kevin's scores and messed it up a bit. He took them out of the pockets and didn't put it back before he left. So I put it back but don't know if I put it in the correct place. Singapura Medley is so slow then I play half way and start playing wrong notes, correct position but embouchure loose already, I think. I prefer Novena, it's faster and most of the high notes aren't that long. Some times after we played, we got applause! :D First one was from Ms Ong and a visitor. Once the applause was louder, then we turned behind, our seniors! :D Cai Yan, Zhi Hui, Xue Ting and Shir Lin came. Jezer emptied his saliva on the floor!!! Then he left and cleaned the saliva first. Then we played YMCA. Cai Yan sat beside me a while and see Kevin's file (all the Chinese words and drawing of eyes, haha) then see how I play. But I only played the very easy part, because when it comes to around part B, my sound gets a bit weird. One senior ever said that kind of "rrrrr" sound is because embouchure too loose. And some more Cai Yan beside me, I don't wanna play wrong notes in front her. Other times I don't really care, but still care. If I knew today was like this I would have used Kevin's trombone instead of T3 which is softer. Jaslyn's alone today, so at the melody where there's only trombone and eupho, it's very soft! And it can be heard when I play wrongly. And sometimes I can't hear a melody at all...
M Ong was talking to some people when we were not playing. Then she sudden;y said "Rebecca, can you hold up the trombone?" Then I just hold up a bit and the band's like "Woa...." Then Cliff said "Not high enough, stand up stand up" but I saw Ms Ong was talking to them already so I didn't stand... Cliff really wants to show off the band, haha! I should've done like Chen Hua did before. He held his baritone saxophone above him and he was standing too, haha! I should've stood up and held the trombone high, face upwards and go to position 7, hahaha! That'd be something I wanna see! :D If I'd known we're playing YMCA I would've practised it during sectionals. There were some extra chairs (so many people not here, especially brasses, woodwinds too many cannot here lower brasses) so the visitors could sit in the room. Luckily I'm not near them. Later, Cliff decided that the songs we play were too long, the people got bored and walked away, so he decided to play part of the songs only. Novena-bar41-96, Singapura Medley-bar 53 to the end. Just the fast parts of the 2 songs.
There was lunch at 12pm, it was provided but I didn't eat much. I asked Ms Ong why she told me to hold the trombone. She was telling the visitors that they need long hands to play trombone. Haha! :D Great job Ms Ong! I went back to the room after lunch, there was only me, Xue Qi, Cliff and Jaslyn. I went to keep T3 and took out Kevin's trombone. I went to wash the mouthpiece, Jezer used that one. There's 2 but I recognised it by a dent on it, which may've been made by me. And he didn't wash the mouthpiece first before using. The toilet was locked -.- so I used the water cooler. On the poster, there were concert times but actually we just kept playing even when there was no one walking past. I kept looking at the people watching -.- What for actually, they should be looking at us. I saw a person talking about trombone. Trombone is cool, yeah I know. Even when I'm not blowing (too tired or sound not nice) I still position because I want people to notice trombone. I think I'm the most attention-seeking one because I move a lot. I purposely try to show off trombone, haha. We really just kept playing non-stop!!!
I also emptied saliva on the floor but immediately cleaned it. Then put paper on the floor and empty on it. Only for our very last performance there was a whole group of people gathered to watch -.- It's our last performance and we're all tired already then they come and there were less people earlier when we're not so tired -.- I only slept 5h last night (couldn't sleep) and play so much today... I'm tired... DARRYL!!!!! Well, I don't know if it's the trombone or me, now I can pitch high F. I hope I can it on my trombone too. When I closed the trombone cupboard door, I knocked my own head. Ridiculous. Nadhirah said I look so tired. Ms Ong said it's the Sec 1s first time playing so many times. I seriously need to improve!!! Bye.
Labels: Band, Break, Concert Band, Concerts/Performances, Events/Occassions, People, Seniors, songs, Trombone

