Band practice today! :D Why does something funny happen every practice, especially in my section? :D Not something actually, a lot of things, hahaha! I love today's practice. I LOVE MY SECTION!! ♥♥♥ Today's practice was supposed to be at 2pm but last practice, Cliff told us to come at 1pm, I think so that we have more time to practise for SLF. I reached the room later than usual, at about 12.50+pm. Quite a number of people were there already, including Darryl, whom I didn't see until after a while. He was just to the right of the staircase door, but I went left so I didn't see him, haha. Only after how long then I saw the long pants but not the face then I asked Xue Qi if he's here and she said he was. Haha. Cliff couldn't find the key so he was running up and down trying to find it. He said the keys were with the CO who have no use for the room but want to keep the keys so they can keep their instruments -.- When Mr Lim came, he explained why we started after 1pm and he said the girl (I don't know who) put the keys in the keybox -.- so he couldn't get it. We were late by 30min, but still, not many were here. Cliff asked us to look for scores of Mamma Mia, YMCA, Tequila and Heal The World, so Darryl go find. By the way, he's still using T3! He reached the cupboard first so actually he could have chosen to use Kevin's trombone, but he took T3, haha. I was thinking of using T3 today... Later Cliff said just use YMCA. We tried YMCA and the scores are still in my file, because it kept dropping so I put it in my file first, and it's still here. YMCA is easy, not that I can play everything, but it's easy, and it's nice too :) But later he said we're not performing tomorrow :( I want to play YMCA!
Then after trying YMCA, we did Total Training for warm up. Kevin came at 2pm because it's written on the schedule 2pm and he didn't come last practice, he had flu... After Total Training, Cliff told us to go outside and tune but out section doesn't have the new tuner cum metronome. Ms Leong told us to do sectionals, so sectionals it was. From I think 2pm to 4pm sectionals. I told them that just now Cliff told us to decide for Genting which hand to hold the instrument, how to put it at rest position all that. (Darryl was looking for the scores in the store room and Kevin wasn't here yet) Darryl said use left hand to hold and rest position. He used imaginary chair :D By leaning against the wall (he really looks like he's got a chair) then put at the left side. I was thinking, then why do we always put it in front during practices? Darryl was telling Karl that Ms Tiong is going to Genting with us. Kevin and Darryl both don't like her. I asked "What's wrong with her?" He said that time during the tapestry, the band was holding their instruments with the right hand, and they held the trombones on the left, then she asked them to hold it with the right hand -.- That's ridiculous. And, if that time the whole band decides on which side to hold, how come this time it's within the section only? Anyway, it'll still be fine if within the section it's the same but not the whole band is the same.
We practised Singapura Medley first then Novena. Darryl and Kevin keep getting distracted by what's happening downstairs and by themselves -.- They keep arguing! Darryl put tissue paper at the water key and it tore -.- Just now in the room he asked a tissue from me, then it tore and only a small part left on the trombone. Actually can just take and put it back, but he go ask another one -.- Then during sectionals (opposite) a small piece tore off. I went "Why your tissue keep on tearing one?!" He say he stepped on it, and this time the bigger portion is left so he didn't ask another one.
Kevin: Why you still put tissue paper?! This one also don't need already, you addicted ah?! Darryl: Leaking what!
Me: It's not leaking!
Darryl: Then you...
(I know what he wants to say. Last practice I told him there's saliva on the floor, from T3) Kevin: Ya la, it's not leaking! You addicted la! You addicted to tissue paper ah?! First time see people addicted to tissue paper. You go Malaysia (Genting) then come back with one roll of toilet paper.
Me: (Laugh, hahaha!)
Darryl was pretending to be Mr Tan (one of the discipline masters) and shouted "Eh! Student!" at particular people in the store room, imitating how Mr Tan shouts. (We're having sectionals outside the store room) And another funny incident... Kevin kept leaning against the wall, then Darryl tell him not to lean and even push him but he kept resisting. Then also sometimes he stand near the wall, and Darryl say he will lean later but Kevin doesn't want to move forward. That's how they waste time. That's not the funny part. I got influenced by them and started leaning against the wall too -.- Haha. Darryl ask me not to lean then I get up but didn't move forward. Then he ask me to move in front, but I don't want. Haha. Then he say I will lean later, it's a natural habit. Then I said "No..." right after, that I lean, but quickly got up after I realised I was touching the wall. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Then Kevin started laughing and laughing and laughing. And I think Darryl still didn't know what happened, because he wasn't looking behind and also my movement wasn't that big because I was still near the wall (I didn't move forward when he told me to). Kevin burst out laughing. Kevin: No...then..(leans) Imitating me, and still laughing. But Kevin's further so he can see behind. Then I said "That was ac-ci-den-tal!..." Darryl: Ya, accidents happen!... That was really accidental la Darryl & Kevin!! I didn't lean, I just touched the wall, and moved after I realised I was touching the wall. Because my body swayed a bit but I was so close to the wall that's why it looks like leaning la! You expect me to stand still and not move at all is it?! I wasn't leaning la! Haha, that was funny. I didn't resist as much as Kevin ok! I only didn't want to move that one time. There's also another time where I move a bit then he ask me to move some more then I move a bit more, but that's all! Other times I listened to him as usual because I'm a good junior! :D
I think I'm better today ^_^ I pitched high F for Novena, and not just once! Yay! But later I got tired already... And in Singapura Medley, there's one bar I'm supposed to play A flat, but instead I keep playing high C which is 1st trombone's part. I keep playing C as if it's my part... maybe it's because we won't have 1st trombone in Genting. It doesn't matter if I play C does it? We're supposed to have a C anyway... DL gave us a 5min break in between (they wanted to drink water, and I also but didn't say it) oiled the slide again, because it was still stiff after oiling yesterday. Then later he gave us 10min break but we're called in because Mr Yeo was here. I took pictures during the 10min break! :D
See, how neat & nice. All our trombones in a straight line, gold silver gold ^_^ If only the stands and wall weren't so close, and the tissue wasn't there, it'll be perfect!
.jpg)
Bass trombone. The bell is so big!
.jpg)
We did Singapura Medley first then Novena. I think the band sounds beautiful today! :) Mr Yeo likened the song to an aeroplane for Novena :D There's once where the woodwinds have the melody (56)(that I also have but later) then when it came to that past, Mr Yeo did some action like an aeroplane flying then Gaby laughed. She's always laughing a lot. He said the percussion part before bar 56 is when the aeroplane's taking off. Then bar 56 the 8 bars is like in an aeroplane flying. Then when it came to our melody at 80 (same as 56) he said we're not flying, we're crashing -.- There's one part later where we have loud then immediately soft then get louder again. He said it's the turbulence, haha. Yay, we play the turbulence part! That part is cool. There's one part he says the plane is landing, then Kevin said "Taiwan!" Hahaha! I'll say that when I reach Taiwan :D (I'm going to Taiwan too!) Mr Yeo left earlier than Ms Leong. She tried the SYF set-piece with us.
Cliff asked if there's bass trombone. Kevin took it today so I said Cheng Heng but explained it's because of me. He said just give him anyway. So I did, but later Darryl say it's for me, because usually I play bass trombone part or 3rd trombone part, which is lowest. It's Overture No.1 and Overture No.2. Difficult! No.2's harder so we gave Cliff back the scores for No.2 and kept No.1. I only played the part that's all crotchets. She said it should be grade 4 or 5 but the notes are not that high so it can't be considered as grade 4/5. After trying the whole song, we're dismissed. Darryl help me keep trombone today :D I kept it in the case already then I look at the cupboard then he help me, haha. Chien Wai ask me to pass his bag then after I did, Darryl went "You bully my junior!! How could you?!" Hahaha. ??? No wonder he said if the custom pairing is not only for customs but for everything else also, sure die one. Haha, people never bully me then he scold, they bully then he never scold. Last time at 2nd National Band Competition, Sec 2s help seniors carry bag, I carry Chien Wai's bag so heavy like there's bricks in it-.-
Then while going home, I was walking down the stairs and talking about that, then I turned around and saw Darryl come out from the door! Then I walked faster and suddenly shouted "Jaslyn hurry up! If I go home late my father will force me to quit band!..." hahaha! Seriously la, last practice ended later so I reached home later, he nag like shit. Anyway, we went to Tampines Mart to buy bubble tea, then when I was waiting for them to make my drink, again I thought it was Darryl there, and it was. This time it's the black sleeve. He's wearing band T-shirt. I want band T-shirt also!! I'll wear it as much as I can hahaha. Bye!
Labels: Band, Break, Competitions, Concerts/Performances, Events/Occassions, Overseas, Seniors, Slide oil, songs, Trombone

