Band practice today! :D The shutters were not open again, and Liang Rong has the key?!?! He came and opened it, haha. We went upstairs and set up our instruments then went downstairs for marching! :D Before we went down it was 8.20am. How in the world does Cheng Heng know we'll be marching?! He was there when I went down. Then we went to the area beside the classroom block and at first we just made rows of 3, then they arranged us according to height. I don't understand how they arrange... First they arranged us in 1 line according to height (Kevin right at the end :D) Why am I so far to the left?! I'm not that short! I'm taller than some people on my right! Then we have alternate numbers 1 2 1 2...number 1s step in front, number 2s step behind. Then the row of number 2s go behind the row of number 1s. Yeah, then from there make the rows of 3. I'm somewhere in the middle -.- I'm not that short ok! I shouldn't be there! I'm beside Faris (the shortest person in band) and Mavis.
Then we started with the marching! :D Today the Sec 1s weren't separated from the rest. But we didn't know some commands, so we just followed what the others did. We haven't even learnt marching on the spot yet, we've only learnt turning (on the spot) and some other on the spot commands. Today marching's very fun and funny! :D We started with those that I already learnt. The ke kanan lurus we've been learning is wrong! :O Liang Rong said it's just tilt the head right and bang, there's no lifting up the right hand. Rebekah said when she did that in the NCO Camp, everyone looked at her, haha! Then the first command that I didn't know was march. I see the others start marching so I follow. Then also there's the commands for turning while marching (there's turning 90 degrees and turning left and right). Oh yes, Rebekah and Liang Rog are back from NCO Camp so they taught us marching. Then when we turn left while marching, I'm on the right, then I have to take super big steps because we're taking big steps in the first place, so when we're turning left I have to take bigger steps -.- Which I couldn't do, because it's way too big, I'm not Cheng Heng. Haha, we kept taking steps too big, it's supposed to be smaller. And not many people were counting, only a handful. I was also not counting out loud, only counting to myself, which is useless. Yay, I learnt a lot of new commands today! :D I recognise them by sound. Liang Rong demonstrated the turning 90 degrees one and another one which is quite funny...March half way then bang on the right leg. Huh, what's that for??? Then he asked all the Sec 1s whether we're clear. Then when he asked me I shook my head then he move on -.- Luckily Rebekah was observant enough and said "I thought Rebecca not sure?" Then he showed us again -.- There's a room there that I think CO uses, then the door kept opening and closing by itself with an irritating sound. Then Rebekah go there and I think slammed the door, then Liang Rong was like "What you doing??" She said "Very irritating!!" Haha! Oh yes, half way in between there was a break, then I was tying my hair, and then suddenly they ask us to get back in position -.- Haha! Then at 9.20am we went back upstairs for sectionals! :D
After we went upstairs, there was a break from 9.30am to 10am. I stayed in the room. Then later Cheng Heng came back and when Liang Rong asked us to go for sectionals, it was 10.10+am already. But Cheng Heng was seeing Ms Ong so I waited for him. Then we went for sectionals near the place we had sectionals last Saturday. Ok, so now I know, Darryl has sectionals on the right, Cheng Heng has sectionals on the left. We did Chromatic Low Tones for warm up, then he taught me Singapura Medley. We played the whole song first. There's once he asked me to play high C then I pitched high E flat, then I thought it was wrong, so I look at him then he say "Ok you rest first" Haha, but why? See, my seniors so nice, let me rest in between playing :D What nice seniors I have! It's even better that all of them are nice :D I think he's a lot better at teaching than when we first saw each other, haha!
I heard someone call "Trombones" then I looked, oh it's Germaine. She asked if there's any problem with our instruments. Then we said Darryl's and my water keys are leaking. Then she told us to take out all the spoilt instruments, then Cheng Heng asked exactly what I wanted to know "Then those spoilt but no one using the instruments leh?" Haha, she said just take out all that are spoilt. She also asked if we have other trombones to play if it's sent to repair. Cheng Heng said the silver trombone-exactly what I was thinking (T3) :D Then Darryl...don't know. He also said I could also use his trombone since he's not going to Genting. So happy!! Our instruments are finally going to be fixed!! Yay! Now, what about new files? :D Hehe (I don't even have an old band file) Then we continued with our sectionals! He asked me to draw breath marks later. He said draw a big V. How big? As big as his (which Ms Leong drew) but don't need so thick. Huh..?! Never mindd la, nobody's going to see the score. Haha :D Cheng Heng asked me to play one part very loud and I "Huh...?!" Haha! Then there's once we were at the second last bar then lost. He play one note then stop, then I play one note then stop, then we look at each other, haha! I think because we didn't play properly before the 2 count rest so we got lost together, hahaha! Liang Rong said sectionals until 11.15am, so it's about an hour. Then at 11+am, Cheng Heng said now we just wait for them to call us back in. Then I draw breath marks on my score while he tell me where to draw big V or comma. Then it wasn't 11.15am yet, but the clarinet section started going back, so Cheng Heng ask me to go back also, haha. We're early! :D
We saw Rebekah teaching Brendan note values for rest and play notes (notes that aren't rest, haha) Asking him how long the note is. Then there's a semibreve (4 counts) with a dot beside it. Dot beside it means add half the value of the note. (Eg, crotchet (1 count) with a dot is 1.5 counts) Then Cheng Heng said "Where got 6 counts one? :D" Haha! Then there's also a 4 count rest with a dot, haha, 6 counts also. Then I asked him "Got 6 counts one meh?" Then he said not unless the key signature is 6 4 or something, haha! Then we just sat on the floor and waited for the rest to come back. I think we're also on better terms than last time, haha. And I mean really last time, the first few months. (And he's back to calling me Ri-beh-kah, haha) Today he called me a lot of times... While we're doing nothing, he call my name in a kind of whisper then when I turn around, he take the saliva bowl and keep in the store room??? Then everyone came back and we combined for Singapura Medley. We stood instead of sit today, haha! Liang Rong said "If you wanna stand then all stand except for those who need to sit" and kept repeating it. And when he asked, we said we want to stand, so we stood :D My section loves standing :D Actually that's me and Cheng Heng, for Darryl, Cai Yan and Samuel, I don't know.
After practice, I remembered what Germaine said, so I left the trombone in the room and didn't keep it in the case. Cheng Heng wanted to get Darryl's trombone, he took the case in front (which is mine) Then the files resting against it slid down and he went "Oh shit" hahaha! That's the problem when I keep my case, have to hold it up first. Then he was gonna open it I said "Not that one, behind" I thought he heard but apparently he didn't because he opened it and said "Nothing inside..." Haha! Then later I asked Germaine, she meant don't keep in the cupboard but keep in the case, haha! Then I went "Ahhh!..." and went to get Trombone. When Cheng Heng and I was keeping my trombone, Germaine said only send those that are spoilt and we're using for repair because the repairman might not have enough time to repair all. Know what Cheng Heng said? Give him more money. Then Germaine and I look at each other and she said "You think the repairman's Superman ah? Then he say no. -.- :D Then we left the trombones outside the cupboard (but in the case) then I went off. Bye!
Labels: Band, Chats, Competitions, Concerts/Performances, Events/Occassions, Overseas, Seniors, Trombone

