I love NAS, Concert Band, Trombones and my seniors!!:D
Ngee Ann Tapestry 3 yesterday! :D NAS Band rocked the hall! :D It was at Singapore Conference Hall. I didn't know Darryl took the same bus as me. I saw no blue uniform at the bus stop so I thought he wasn't there. Only until he walked past me, I happened to look up and saw him. He was wearing the Band uniform.
I waited for Jaslyn and Xue Qi to arrive at school, they were late. Then Cliff came and asked us to help, so we went to help. We were outside the Band room doing nothing because we didn't know how to move the instruments. Then Cliff asked us to follow him. He went to somewhere like a store room and tried to open the door but it was locked. Then he told us to wait there and went somewhere. Then someone came and unlocked the door to take something and left the door open but we didn't go in. Xue Qi and I looked at each other and laughed. Cliff came and said" Sorry sorry, come...why's the door opened?" Then Xue Qi said" Just now 1 girl come and open the door." Then we laughed again and Cliff asked us to go in and he walked there. None of us moved then he was like "Come!..." We took chairs for the seniors and moved them to the M-Learning Room. Someone told us to leave our shoes outside so we did that. Xue Qi and Jaslyn chose a spot at the end of all the shoes so I also put mine there. I told them those at that area were my seniors' shoes because I saw most of the black shoes there. True enough it was theirs. Xue Qi said" You clever..." haha!
Mr Yeo gave us a lecture on how we got ready for about 30min. Then Ms Ong came in and said the lorry was here. So he quickly ended his lecture and they did Low Chromatic Notes for warm up and practiced Silvercrest and Blue Ridge Saga once. Then Mdm Julinda gave the band lollipop! It's colourful. Some people got the round one, some (including me) got the twisted one. It's not very big but it's the biggest one I ever got.
I waited for Jaslyn and Xue Qi to arrive at school, they were late. Then Cliff came and asked us to help, so we went to help. We were outside the Band room doing nothing because we didn't know how to move the instruments. Then Cliff asked us to follow him. He went to somewhere like a store room and tried to open the door but it was locked. Then he told us to wait there and went somewhere. Then someone came and unlocked the door to take something and left the door open but we didn't go in. Xue Qi and I looked at each other and laughed. Cliff came and said" Sorry sorry, come...why's the door opened?" Then Xue Qi said" Just now 1 girl come and open the door." Then we laughed again and Cliff asked us to go in and he walked there. None of us moved then he was like "Come!..." We took chairs for the seniors and moved them to the M-Learning Room. Someone told us to leave our shoes outside so we did that. Xue Qi and Jaslyn chose a spot at the end of all the shoes so I also put mine there. I told them those at that area were my seniors' shoes because I saw most of the black shoes there. True enough it was theirs. Xue Qi said" You clever..." haha!
Mr Yeo gave us a lecture on how we got ready for about 30min. Then Ms Ong came in and said the lorry was here. So he quickly ended his lecture and they did Low Chromatic Notes for warm up and practiced Silvercrest and Blue Ridge Saga once. Then Mdm Julinda gave the band lollipop! It's colourful. Some people got the round one, some (including me) got the twisted one. It's not very big but it's the biggest one I ever got.

Then we left the room and boarded the bus. Actually Ms Ong said the brass players follow the seniors(who were there going to the bus, all were brass players) then she saw that Xue Qi was the only woodwind player and let all the juniors board the bus for brass players. I sat with her in the bus. They carried their instruments with them in the bus without the case! I thought Bands put their instruments in a lorry which transports them to the performance place.
So the bus headed for SCH. And during the bus journey, teacher said everyone should be seated. Then some people turned behind to look so I followed suit. Kevin was the one standing. He was holding the 2 bars on the ceiling of the bus and bending over the row on the other side to see something. Looks kind of funny haha, I went" What's my senior doing???" Haha! We passed by the Singapore Flyer. We reached SCH 30min after leaving school. When we went in I told Xue Qi "So this is what we''ll be doing when we join Main Band..." I can't wait to join Main Band! Participating in concerts and competitions and feeling nervous... How nice :) We couldn't go in to the hall yet so we sat on the floor next to the stairs leading there. My seniors looked so cool in the Band uniform! :D Kevin was leaning against the door which lead to outside(Nothing outside) then the door opened, haha. So we sat there and waited until we could go in.
We went in to where the audience sit and just sat there. I took a picture of my seniors! :D It was cold there and I told Xue Qi the seniors can wear the blazer if they feel cold. And that was exactly what Kevin did :D He wore it the other way round, haha. Then we went to the practice room through a door by at the side of the stage. When we went in, 2 seniors were standing there, each on 1 side saying" Hello! Welcome to Singapore!..." and bowing, hahaha!
The juniors had to stay in 1 corner of the practice room because we were helpers. Then we had to help put all the seniors' bags in that corner. There happened to have space beside my bag so I had to put Darryl's bag there-right beside mine. Then someone took Kevin's file and blazer which were put together and put it in the corner. Then I went" That's my senior's blazer!..." I knew he wanted it from his actions when that idiot took it. Then that idiot kept saying never mind. How can he play without the file? Then Darryl said pass the file and blazer then that idiot told me that as if I couldn't hear it and he was the one who took it. So I took it back. We were constantly being called out to help, sometimes when no help was needed and we just went back. I didn't have a chance to record the seniors playing. At first they combined but later they just practiced on their own.
After their rehearsal on stage, we went on the stage to help take the stands and chairs and the percussion instruments. The Timpani was pushing against the snare drum and it dropped-.- Then we went back to the practice room and I just kept looking at my seniors practice. Samuel is quite tall but Cai Yan said he's quite short. He brought his PSP! Kevin is unfair. He doesn't even talk to me yet he lent his handphone to another girl junior when she asked him to lend-.- so sad. I'm jealous! ):<
The Chinese Orchestra was beside us. And while everyone was practicing on their own, BM wanted Band to combine. He said their mission was to be louder than CO. So they played Silvercrest first as usual and sure they were loud! :D Just as I told Xue Qi when the CO went into the practice room, the Band would blast them when they are practicing! :D I wanted to take pictures but didn't. I also wanted to record them playing but didn't have any chance. Some Clarinet seniors and a Saxophone senior kept playing the Elmo song haha! Some Sec 4s came and gave them some gifts like glow, sticks and flowers. Cai Yan gave my seniors flowers which is quite girlish. She also gave me 2 chocolates :D
Then they performed on stage-the first item. We were backstage watching their performance from a TV inside. Then when they finished, we helped with the chairs and instruments. The Trumpet junior dropped the cymbal-.- Then we went back to the holding room and DM or BM asked whether they wanted to do 3 cheers. They went "No..." but Cliff still went on with it. He said wanted to do 4 cheers then decided to do 5 cheers instead. So we did 5 cheers. He shouted until his throat hurt haha. "5 cheers and 5 cheers and 5 cheers for NAS Band" then we shouted hurray. They said they didn't want to but still shouted so loudly :D We left soon after. While walking down the stairs when we were leaving, my mother called and I was talking and I almost fell. Missed a few steps and my shoulder hurt. This time Xue Qi couldn't take the same bus as us. I sat with Jaslyn and when we passed the Singapore Flyer, there was light. Jaslyn and I tried to take pictures but it didn't look like anything. Jaslyn tried talking a few pictures in the bus. That's all I think. Bye!
So the bus headed for SCH. And during the bus journey, teacher said everyone should be seated. Then some people turned behind to look so I followed suit. Kevin was the one standing. He was holding the 2 bars on the ceiling of the bus and bending over the row on the other side to see something. Looks kind of funny haha, I went" What's my senior doing???" Haha! We passed by the Singapore Flyer. We reached SCH 30min after leaving school. When we went in I told Xue Qi "So this is what we''ll be doing when we join Main Band..." I can't wait to join Main Band! Participating in concerts and competitions and feeling nervous... How nice :) We couldn't go in to the hall yet so we sat on the floor next to the stairs leading there. My seniors looked so cool in the Band uniform! :D Kevin was leaning against the door which lead to outside(Nothing outside) then the door opened, haha. So we sat there and waited until we could go in.
We went in to where the audience sit and just sat there. I took a picture of my seniors! :D It was cold there and I told Xue Qi the seniors can wear the blazer if they feel cold. And that was exactly what Kevin did :D He wore it the other way round, haha. Then we went to the practice room through a door by at the side of the stage. When we went in, 2 seniors were standing there, each on 1 side saying" Hello! Welcome to Singapore!..." and bowing, hahaha!
The juniors had to stay in 1 corner of the practice room because we were helpers. Then we had to help put all the seniors' bags in that corner. There happened to have space beside my bag so I had to put Darryl's bag there-right beside mine. Then someone took Kevin's file and blazer which were put together and put it in the corner. Then I went" That's my senior's blazer!..." I knew he wanted it from his actions when that idiot took it. Then that idiot kept saying never mind. How can he play without the file? Then Darryl said pass the file and blazer then that idiot told me that as if I couldn't hear it and he was the one who took it. So I took it back. We were constantly being called out to help, sometimes when no help was needed and we just went back. I didn't have a chance to record the seniors playing. At first they combined but later they just practiced on their own.
After their rehearsal on stage, we went on the stage to help take the stands and chairs and the percussion instruments. The Timpani was pushing against the snare drum and it dropped-.- Then we went back to the practice room and I just kept looking at my seniors practice. Samuel is quite tall but Cai Yan said he's quite short. He brought his PSP! Kevin is unfair. He doesn't even talk to me yet he lent his handphone to another girl junior when she asked him to lend-.- so sad. I'm jealous! ):<
The Chinese Orchestra was beside us. And while everyone was practicing on their own, BM wanted Band to combine. He said their mission was to be louder than CO. So they played Silvercrest first as usual and sure they were loud! :D Just as I told Xue Qi when the CO went into the practice room, the Band would blast them when they are practicing! :D I wanted to take pictures but didn't. I also wanted to record them playing but didn't have any chance. Some Clarinet seniors and a Saxophone senior kept playing the Elmo song haha! Some Sec 4s came and gave them some gifts like glow, sticks and flowers. Cai Yan gave my seniors flowers which is quite girlish. She also gave me 2 chocolates :D
Then they performed on stage-the first item. We were backstage watching their performance from a TV inside. Then when they finished, we helped with the chairs and instruments. The Trumpet junior dropped the cymbal-.- Then we went back to the holding room and DM or BM asked whether they wanted to do 3 cheers. They went "No..." but Cliff still went on with it. He said wanted to do 4 cheers then decided to do 5 cheers instead. So we did 5 cheers. He shouted until his throat hurt haha. "5 cheers and 5 cheers and 5 cheers for NAS Band" then we shouted hurray. They said they didn't want to but still shouted so loudly :D We left soon after. While walking down the stairs when we were leaving, my mother called and I was talking and I almost fell. Missed a few steps and my shoulder hurt. This time Xue Qi couldn't take the same bus as us. I sat with Jaslyn and when we passed the Singapore Flyer, there was light. Jaslyn and I tried to take pictures but it didn't look like anything. Jaslyn tried talking a few pictures in the bus. That's all I think. Bye!
Labels: Concert Band, Concerts/Performances, Events/Occassions, Seniors, Sweets, Trombone

