Yo! Yesterday had national day celebration in school. Actually, there was no celebration in our school, more like in Ngee Ann Primary, because we left school to go there. The people from NATAS Singapore Women's Everest team were still talking then our class had to leave -.- 3 classes from NAS went to NAP, 3R1, 2R1 and 1C1. When we went there, Qian Hui, Appu and Shao Hong gave them a talk about the meaning of the national flag and had a quiz after that. Sarah's so nice! She wanted to buy 43 milos but of course can't carry that much so she bought 24 packets for us, but we used some for the prize for the NAPians (is that what they're called since we're called NASians?) After their talk ended, we gave them the postcards to write their wishes on. 3R1 took Pri 5 & 6, 2R1 took pri 3 & 4, 1C1 took pri 1 & 2. 2 or 3 people will take one class, I happened to be beside Sarah so we took 5/4. Then later they told us they're not called 5/1, 5/2, they're called 5 Honesty, 5 Love all that. 5/4 was 5 Love :)
We are trying to set a new record of 15 000 postcards with national day wishes, or most number of postcards with national day wishes. Our school likes setting interesting records. If I'm not wrong, in 2007 a year before I came in, they made the biggest national flag out of balloons and Straits Times came. I saw it on youtube also, which means it was on TV I suppose. They also said Straits Times would come but since we're not in school, I don't know. We gave out the postcards to them, but it was super messy because they're all in the hall -.- And some took Sarah's pens but didn't return. And! The worst thing is that they wrote on the back of the postcard when it's supposed to be in front :O Collecting back the postcards was also messy. Gee, I was expecting them to be in a classroom... Mr Chee went to the stage to announce (probably couldn't stand it anymore, haha) that we go to the front of the class to collect. Actually we were supposed to give them another one as souvenirs but we gave to Mrs Pong because it was too messy then. I think they passed to the school to give. So NAP's organisation sucks too...
Then we went back to NAS and were dismissed straight away.
*How I wish you were here to catch the hint*
Labels: Events/Occassions, School

