Band practice today! :D Finally, after so long! Today is exchange programme at Greenridge Secondary School. My mouthpiece was found in Darryl's case, hahaha! Anyway, there were 3 schools at Greenridge. Us, Greenridge and Dunearn Secondary. Warm ups first, chromatic low tones. The first note I play already felt like there was a lot of saliva in the trombone. Then Total Training. Then a little performance by every school. We're up first, with Novena. My sound sounded weird, and I played horribly. The other schools went to the side and sat on the floor while we played. Very supportive, they cheer before and after we played. Then after our performance, we went to the side to watch the other bands play. After all 3 bands played, there was break of 25min until 11.05am. During break, we just stood around and did nothing. They gave us a bottle of water. After break was combined, 3 bands combined. Mr Yeo said there's over 10 trombones. I think there were 5 bass trombones including me. (Not the instrument itself, the song part) We played Overture No. 1. It's only my 2nd time playing. The stand that Darryl passed to me was spoilt-.- So I shared with the person beside me. He knew almost the whole Overture No. 1. I think he learnt before. We didn't sit according to schools, we sat according to our parts. I learnt a bit of it. After Overture No.1 we played Overture No.2. Overture No.1 is easier. At 12pm we went back to school. I kept my trombone and went home. Tomorrow got Suky's concert. Bye!
Labels: Band, Break, Concert Band, Events/Occassions, Seniors, songs, Trombone

