Band practice today, the first practice with my seniors in about 8 weeks since they didn't come on Tuesday. Still, only Cheng Heng and Darryl. But today I was out of sorts again, not because I laughed too much before practice. I hardly even smiled because I was not playing well and I was depressed about it, so I was sad almost the whole time.
School ended at 1pm and after lunch, I came back to my lovely school and soon after Chong Jin came. I couldn't leave my bag in school because my favourite spot outside the old band room was closed already :( I saw Cai Yan & Zhihui and thought I was dreaming until they waved, haha! The tables were shifted out to the open area and we sat there until about 2.30pm when I suggested going up to the new room to see if anyone was there. When we reached, we stood outside trying to see who was inside, but the windows are dark. Then we loitered outside wondering who was inside, haha. Then Chen Hua opened the door and we both were like waiting for each other, haha. And Cheng Heng and Darryl were both inside. Darryl asked if I was still using tenor trombone. Of course I am, if not which trombone would I be using? His? Then he said he'll try to help me change to gold trombone by Friday. Yay :) I've always said I want to change trombone but I'll miss T T3 after changing.
I saw T T1 and T T2 on top of the cupboards and on Tuesday they were still in the cupboard with T T3. Then Darryl seemed to have taken T T3 out from the cupboard beside the one the 3 tenor trombones were kept in on Tuesday. Now that cupboard contains only stands and files. They must have shifted the things on Tuesday. Oh! Now I know why Liang Rong suddenly asked me which instrument I was using. No wonder T T3 was together with the 2 gold trombones Darryl and Kevin use in the cupboard beside the cupboard with "Trombone" on it, I don't know if that's trombone cupboard too. The other gold trombones were in the trombone cupboard with "Trombone" and T1 and T2 were on top. I was one of the last few to leave the room although I was one of the first few to enter it. I took so long until it started getting crowded then I couldn't get the case.
We started with a bit of warm up. Brayton conducted with a drumstick, haha. We did B flat scale in crotchets, triplets and minims too. Then the conductors came. We used Total Training. At first, when one of the majors asked "SLs, do you still have Total Training?" I didn't know it was a book. Haha, then Darryl reminded me of something I always do. He wanted to say yes but wasn't sure, in the end he went "Ye......aaaaaooowww" Hahaha! I always make that sound "Yeow" hahahahaha! He only had one book though, then Cliff lent us another one. I got the whole book to myself, haha. We did Lesson 1, Lesson 3 and Lesson 5. Each lesson has a few exercises.
Then we played Novena. Argh...what's wrong with me today? I can't play properly-bad pitching, not enough air, not enough air speed :( I couldn't pitch the high notes. And when Mr Yeo asked me to play individually the bar that goes F G high B flat high C, I couldn't even pitch the high B flat. Oh my gosh, what's wrong with me. When I was playing, Cheng Heng saw the CCA record in my file and said "CCA record..." and lean over to see and Darryl also go see. Haha, what's there too see except for the remarks? Sec 1s have nothing much to write about and not many points also. Today I didn't sit in between them...because when I came out of the band room, only the seat at the end was empty, so Darryl sit between me and Kevin. And when I coughed once, I kept coughing after that and my throat hurt. It made me more tired also. I don't know why I was out of sorts and so tired today. School ended early at 1pm, and we didn't have lessons also, I really don't know why... Everyone thinks I'm better than other Sec1 juniors because Mr Yeo said it, but now the good junior can't even pitch a high B flat? I'm the worse junior today I think. Mr Yeo asked people who were playing A flat at one part to play, then he point to me and said I play D flat. But since he asked 3rd trombone I just play A flat as written. Then he also asked Darryl to play F. So he thought I was 2nd trombone and he was 1st trombone. Haha, and there's trombone section had to play 2 bars, then Mr Yeo said "Why does 2nd & 3rd trombone sound the same? 2nd & 3rd trombone shouldn't sound the same." Then he wanted to ask the 2 trombones to play then he said "2nd & trombone...2nd & trombone, what am I saying?...2nd & 2rd trombone!" Haha. I think it's because I played too high. Earlier I had trouble pitching High B flat and now I play too high -.-
The woodwinds were not with us from 4pm to 5pm as they went with Ms Leong to the music room I think. Then I was chatting with Serene on MSN just now and told her I "slept" and she said she saw me. :O I went "YOU SAW ME?! OMG! WHEN?!" Haha, she said when the woodwinds came back Brayton told her then she saw me (my section seated near the door of band room). That time I was wide awake, just looked like asleep, I didn't even feel asleep. They moved the chairs so loudly how could I "sleep"?
After Novena, we played Singapura Medley. Mr Yeo said he preferred Singapura Medley to Singapore Rhapsody because the brasses already have lots of high notes in Novena, and SM has not many high notes. Oh yes, during Novena, he said "Tubas, Trombones, Euphoniums, everyone is singing you're scolding vulgar word." -.- Yo, that's too exaggerated, and it's not funny. What "every week the trombones euphoniums and tubas come back and scold vulgar word"? -.- Ya, because they sing too badly so we scold vulgar word. Singapura Medley, is it really a medley? It says Chan Mali Chan below the title, and that's the only song I hear throughout the song. I think I did better than last week, but we didn't sound as nice as Mr Yeo expected. He asked "Everyone knows Chan Mali Chan right?" and "Who knows Chan Mali Chan?" Then I kept acting as if I didn't know. I shook my head when he asked if we know. I didn't raise my hand like the others when he asked who knows. I think Darryl really thought I didn't know.
After practice ended, Cliff read out names, those whose names were called means we've given our Genting form already. Then Cliff called "Rebecca (he meant Rebekah)...(bla bla)...Trombone Rebecca" Then people started laughing, haha. He sometimes calls Rebecca, some times Rebekah. But, his problem is that, when he calls Rebecca, he calls both Rebecca, when he calls Rebekah, he calls both Rebekah -.- Then why does he bother to sometimes call Rebecca sometimes Rebekah? So my first name is now Trombone and 2nd name Rebecca? Nice? Kevin's not going to Genting! :( And Darryl hasn't even discussed it with his parents yet because "they're working", must be until quite late... My parents were like that too, last time. I think Kevin's going back to Taiwan, as he mentioned before. Wonder whether he will participate in the concert. And by the way, what is GG? The 2 of them kept saying GG. After dismissal I went to look for Ms Ong for the endorsement for the CCA record. Hope I get one more point for the National Day "performance" :D Bye!
Labels: Band, Competitions, Events/Occassions, Music, Names, Overseas, Seniors, songs, Trombone

