Today was Teachers' Day celebrations, Be Yourself Day and NAS Talentquest 2008. 3 events combined again, like last time's National Day celebrations, FIESTA and Racial Harmony Day. Oh! Actually it's 4 events combined! ACES Day too. I wore black jeans and shirt (actually it's grey jeans). When I reached school, I sat at the table near the entrance beside the carpark. I saw Darryl! :D He looked so cool! Black shirt and black jeans too! :D For once I see him in a shirt that's not too big (his school uniform is a little bit big I think, his Band uniform is big too and the one he wore on National Day) haha! I thought he always gets a size bigger, haha. Then went to the canteen and stood with Serene and Chong Jin. Kevin walked past. He wore the same shirt as the one when we went to SCH and carried the same bag. The only difference is he wore jeans, blue one. I said his long pants is really LONG pants and Serene said jeans make people look taller. Haha! He's already so tall. Then we Lower Sec assembled in the basketball court while the Upper Sec assembled in the canteen.
After the flag-raising ceremony, we began with the programme. Talentquest first. 3 people sang and then there was an intermission and during that intermission, we did ACES Day workout. One of the 3 contestants was singing a song where there is 1 (bla bla bla) 2 (bla bla bla) and so on until 5 and there' no 6. Then the Upper Sec kept going 1... 2... 3... with her and they went on to 6, haha! They kept doing that. The ACES Day workout is special, it's a line dance. Our school special :D The dance steps are simple and just repeat it after turning left and repeat till the song ends. We also had the competition of those who dress according to the theme. For Lower Sec, it's Swinging Sixties and for Upper Sec, it's their idol. Those chosen go up to the 'stage'. That's only for Lower Sec. The Upper Sec one was later, when we were in the 2nd canteen. Then, back to Talentquest. Halfway through, it started drizzling and it was just before the group with a person playing guitar! Those solo contestants are like Campus Superstar and those group with instruments are like Super Band, haha. So we Sec 1s went to the 2nd canteen :( Sec 2s went to the canteen and squeeze in I think. I don't know how they manage to squeeze in when there are Sec 3s, 4s and 5s (3 levels, more than Lower Sec I think). We missed out most of the programme! :( No performance. Then at the end, they announced the winners of various competitions and gave out the prizes. The teachers wore uniform! Most of them wore NAS uniform, including Mr Lim (principal). He said it's the most comfortable uniform he ever wore! Yay for NAS! :D There were also prizes for teachers of course, it's Teachers' Day. After that, we were dismissed at 10am. It was a bit boring today because I missed a lot of the celebration despite being there because of the rain. Bye!
And, I'm chatting with Cai Yan on MSN! Whoo! :D
Labels: Chats, Competitions, Events/Occassions, Seniors

