Thursday 7 August
Band practice today. Sectionals. All my seniors didn't come :( So Liang Rong asked me to join the Trumpets. I asked him why all my seniors didn't come, he called Kevin but he didn't answer. Later I SMSed him and he said something happened in class so he didn't feel like coming. The Trumpets were at the 2nd canteen so I went there. The section combined and played both songs, Majulah Singapura and March "Blue Sky". It's very difficult to play with them because they have no sense of rhythm. They rush sometimes and don't rush sometimes and I have to slow down and speed up. Then it started raining so we went back to the canteen. But from the tent in the 2nd canteen to the path outside the toilet leading to the canteen, there's a small gap so it wasn't sheltered from the rain. My Trombone got wet! When I reached the canteen, I immediately took out tissue paper to wipe it dry but I only had one piece left so after I used it I got one from Jaslyn to dry it properly although it seemed dry already but I want to make sure I dry it as much as possible. Then I requested to go practice myself. Then we combined and played Majulah Singapura. While we were playing, other people were playing videos to make sure everything was working for tomorrow's celebration then suddenly we heard someone singing when the music video was playing. Guess who was singing, Mr Vincent Lee -.- ?? The Band started screaming. We played March "Blue Sky" also then dismissed early at 4.30pm.
Earlier on I told Liang Rong that I might not be able to make it in school at 6.30am tomorrow because I live very far and that I need an hour to get to school. So he suggested my senior set up my instrument for me then when I arrive I just go to the canteen, but I wasn't sure if I would be late so I just said I'll try to be early. I hope I won't be late tomorrow, bye!
Labels: Band, Concerts/Performances, Seniors, Trombone

