Band practice yesterday! :D I stared doing a countdown to Band practice 5h 55min before 3pm. Darryl didn't come because he wasn't in school :( I miss him... We had Sectionals. Only me and Kevin from our section came. Cliff said there should be no 2 sections together but Chen Hua was always with Kevin. At first we practiced at the area outside the path leading to the canteen. There were 4 sections there - Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba and Baritone. We only practiced Majulah Singapura. Kevin also doesn't know how to play March "Blue Sky". Kevin helped me tune. My sound was very sharp! Then he pulled out the tuning slide and I played again but still very sharp. So he pulled it out some more then he said the whole thing came out. The slide didn't come off the instrument, I don't know what he meant. Then he tried to push in but it was stuck! He and Chen Hua tried pulling it out for a long time. Then they decided to both pull at the same time and it looked like Tug-Of-War haha! They pulled for very long time! I forgot if it's the Sec2 Eupho senior or Tuba senior said take out the mouthpiece first, so Kevin took it out. Then later they took out the slide too. Then when they pulling, don't know who said it's China and Taiwan, haha! Because Kevin is Taiwanese and Chen Hua's Chinese. And finally it came out, I don't know how then Chen Hua took the bell and went to get oil. That thing that blocks the path from the classroom, Kevin jumped over it! Cool! It's so high you know, but he can jump over it!
Then after the problem with the tuning slide was solved, we went back to practicing. Kevin cannot pronounce Majulah. He says Majurah, not his fault, he's not Singaporean. He said Majulah Taiwan, haha! There were mosquitoes there and I got bitten 5 times. So we went to outside 2R6 classroom but people were inside so we moved to outside 1R2 classroom which was still quite close, then we practiced. Kevin wanted to go drink water so he said 5minute water break. He said being a senior is good because can give break themselves. He brought his bottle when he came back. Chen Hua told me"Your senior need to go for counselling. Mental problem." Then he go take the form Kevin was holding and show me. He had to go for counselling but I don't think it's because of mental problem -.-
Kevin was singing his national anthem without words (I don't know if it has words) then Chen Hua said Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and started singing the tune while Kevin was talking. Then he said "No la! Where got people so stupid!" Then he washed his Trombone slide! He poured water from his bottle into the slide through the mouthpiece. Chen Hua said it'll become rusty, which was what I thought, and Kevin said Darryl taught him to wash the slide with water like that. Then he went to empty it over the drain through the water key. Then he put water in again. This time he pulled out the slide to empty the water and water was pouring out from it! Haha! He said"My saliva" then pretend to take out the slide. Haha! Chen Hua said "You go do that in front of Cliff la". Then while practicing, someone (I don't know if he's a teacher) went to us and told Chen Hua in Chinese "Do you know we are having Higher Chinese lessons now?" and I think he also asked who told us to play there. Chen Hua said it was our teacher and that man went off-looking for teacher probably. Then Kevin said he 多嘴. Then Chen Hua asked what we do now and Kevin said 跑啦! So we put back the chairs and took our instruments and stands and went back to the original place but nearer to the car park since the other side had mosquitoes.
Then we continued practicing. Chen Hua suddenly said "Ms Ong." Kevin thought he was lying and so did I. Then he asked me Ms Ong there right? I went "Where?" I looked into the corridor and Ms Ong was really there. Then he say just practice as if we were originally here. Haha! Ms Ong came and asked us to stop blowing. Then when she walked off, Kevin started blowing with his mouth, haha! Sectionals ended early because Ms Ong said it wasn't productive and she had some things to tell us. While going to keep our instruments, we passed 2C1 classroom. Me and Kevin looked inside and guess who was looking out at us. Samuel :D After keeping instruments, we went to M-Learning Room where Ms Ong talked about our results for 2nd National Band Competition, the judges' comments, our attitude and all. She also said we were going to Genting at the end of the year for a competition! Kevin told me we might be going there at the end of the year but I didn't know it was for a competition! It's probably going to be my first Band competition! (Unless we suddenly have one before that) Cool! :D National Day performance will be my first performance and the Genting competition will be my first competition will be my first competition. Time flies. To think that I'll be playing beside my beloved seniors makes me happy :) Bye!
Labels: Band, Concerts/Performances, Overseas, Seniors, Slide oil, Trombone

