Band practice today again! :D Samuel didn't come although he confirmed he was coming. Darryl already ate the sweet :D I was quite early today, about 30min early, and I was 3rd earliest :D At 2pm we set up instruments and everything. Then went to M-Learning Room and my section sat at the same place, at the table at the side. It's because there's the drum set now. We did warm-ups with Chromatic Low Tones as usual, B flat Major Scale and F Major Scale. I wasn't very good at F Major Scale...I could go up but couldn't come down. We also did B flat chord-B flat, D and F. Mr Yeo grouped us into 3 groups. 1st group play B flat, 2nd play F and 3rd play D. My group(2nd) had less people and so we were softer. Mr Yeo asked group 1 to play group 2 to sing and group 3 to buzz, so obviously my group was very soft. And I didn't do anything then Kevin asked me if I know which group I'm in, haha. Also some times we buzz or play, only then I did what I'm supposed to. I only didn't do anything in the group 2 singing part. Only 3rd Trombone (me) is in group 2, the other Trombones are in group 3. I think Kevin's not angry anymore because he didn't ignore me today, maybe giving him the lollipop helped! Haha.
Then we practiced Novena. No March "Blue Sky" today, just Novena. Mr Yeo asked me to play by myself one part then he asked me to play louder. Then when he asked Darryl to join in, he said I have to support him so I must be louder and that when Kevin join in I have to be louder. Then me and Darryl played that part. Then when Kevin join in, Mr Yeo said I am only Sec1 and I'm a girl and I have to play so loud until both of them paiseh. I nod but I think I wasn't that loud. Then we practiced...Oh yes, there's once Mr Yeo was trying to use the tuner then he fumbled with him a bit and said "damn it." Then he pressed some things and got the "Toot..toot..toot.." sound then everyone started laughing. Then even funnier was after that there was "Tooooooooooot....." hahaha! That was what he was trying to get. And it sounded like the hospital thing "Toot, toot, toot, tooooooooot..." haha! So we practiced...Then at 4.20pm he let us go for 30min break.
During the break, I didn't go out except for drinking water. I stayed inside the room and practiced some parts of March "Blue Sky", Novena and North Bay Vistas which my seniors have yet to teach me, but I learnt the some parts myself. There were about 15-20 people who stayed, around half the band. Then we combined at bar 41 for Novena. At bar 68, me and Jaslyn have the melody but she didn't know how to play so I had SOLO!!! Only I was playing the melody! 2 bars there which goes: rest(1), E flat(2), A flat(3), High D flat(4), High C(1), B flat A flat(2), B flat(3), E flat(4). And while I was soloing(was obvious that only I was playing) someone said "She one person play". Yes, I'm good enough to solo :) That wasn't my only solo part! After the 4 bar rest at bar 76, which is at bar 80, my solo part again. Jaslyn again didn't know how to play, so, solo for me! At bar 86 the last 4 notes which are quavers, are High F High E high D high E. Quite high, and I'm not good at it, so I didn't play those 2 counts because if I played wrongly, everyone would know it's me because it's my solo. And since I'm soloing and I didn't play that part, the 2 counts had no melody. Altogether I had 10 bars of solo, WOW! Jaslyn made me solo! No I should say she let me solo! :D She let me have a chance to solo! :D How many times do you get to have a solo part when only you are playing the melody? I had the chance to prove that I'm good and that my seniors taught me well :) At bar 80, I think the woodwinds sitting near Cliff were playing too loudly and Cliff use hand actions to tell them to be softer and point at me, haha.
My seniors didn't see me solo...but if they did, it would mean that they were there, and if they were there it wouldn't be a solo anymore, it'd be a soli. Yay! I solo-ed! :D Today, they actually returned from break on time. Shortly after the break ended, Mr Yeo asked my section and Euphoniums to follow Ms Leong. We went to 2R7 classroom and Ms Leong took us. My section is so nice. Ms Leong asked us to push back the tables and take chairs. We pushed back the tables and took chairs for ourselves and the Euphoniums. So nice of us :D And, my section so good, each got our own score and file and stand. The 3 Euphoniums, which is already the whole section, share 1 score on 1 stand. The whole section sharing a score?! Ms Leong started by asking us to play from bar 10 which is where we start playing because we have 10 bars of rest. The first 2 notes are G High F. Then she kept asking us to play the 2 notes. Then she asked out of the 4 times who managed to get all 4? Then how many got 3, 2, 1 and when she said 0, I raised my hand immediately as if I was proud of it, whereas my seniors got 3 but raise their hands so low, haha. Then she focused on me. Actually I was just joking! I don't know how many I got. Then after focusing on me, we did the same thing for 5 times this time. This time I didn't raise at all because I don't know how many I got and I don't want the Euphoniums to think I'm lousy if they didn't the 1st time, because I was the only one out of the 6 people there who raised for 0. I was just joking!! I'm not lousy! Or else I wouldn't have dared to solo right! Then we moved on to the next parts. Ms Leong was saying there is "Molto expressivo" at bar 13 which means more expressive. Then she got all of us to try and play more expressively. Then after we played, she said she liked the way Darryl played and asked him to play again. While he was playing half way, she said "Listen" then we heard Chinese Orchestra sounds which were not nice and quite funny. Then we laughed and she said "Not that" haha! I was the one laughing the most, haha! But silently of course, but I was smiling. Then later she looked at the Euphoniums and asked "Did you hear him?" and one of them went " The CO?" -.- Then we practiced some more and Ms Leong let my section go back to the room first, and we kept our own chairs and pushed back the tables on our side. They didn't help us back! Never mind, we are nice people :)
When we went back they were playing the bottom of page 1 and the top of page 2 (which is where I solo-ed, page 1 end and page 2 start). Then they stopped at the top part of page 2. We just went back and dismissed already. Then when the Euphoniums came back, Terence wasn't back yet and they said he died. Then Kevin said he's walking back here. Darryl said "They say he die already then you say he walking back. Scary eh!" Then later, the door opened a bit and stopped(I guessed it was Terence), then open fully. It was Terence, then Darryl went "OH MY GOD!!!" He's a great actor :D Then acted as if he was scared by covering his face, haha! (We were still standing at the door until we left the room) Actually not supposed to say God, should be oh my gosh or oh my goodness. I learnt that when I went to Church last time during school Catechism period although I'm a free thinker but I was forced to take Catechism in primary school. He's a Christian but don't know why...maybe he doesn't know.
Cliff talked about the NCO camp that Liang Rong attended. Actually Laing Rong should be talking since he attended the camp right? Haha. Cliff said he talked to other Band Majors. Their bands are not much different from us and their instruments are the same but what makes us different? We lack passion. Then he asked "Who knows Mr Leonard Tan?(haven't finish the sentence and some people raise their hands) The very (something) conductor?" Then everyone started laughing because they thought it was Mr Tan from our school, haha! Then Cliff said "Not that Mr Leonard Tan! They are very different! Their size is very different!" Haha! Then he mentioned that Mr Tan the conductor said a band needs to have 5 'P's. They are: Present (present for practices), punctual(punctual for practices), Practice, Pencil(on the stand to make notes)(everyone laughed at this P) and passion. He said we lack practice too. I don't have a pencil on my stand...because my file is not the band file where there's a pocket in front to put things like pencil. And while they were talking and Trombones and Euphoniums standing near the door, me and Darryl were both resting on our Trombones. Then James turned around and looked at Darryl. Darryl asked "What?!" then James said something which I didn't catch but then he pointed at us and said something in Chinese I think. Didn't catch it but I think he was pairing us because we were doing the same thing -.- I need slide oil, my slide's getting stiff. Won't be so shy on asking for the slide oil this time, haha, which is the first time since that time I wrote about. That was months ago, which means I haven't oiled my slide for months but it was ok. I think I've only oiled it twice! But Kevin oiled his slide so many times. That was practice today, bye!

