I love NAS, Concert Band, Trombones and my seniors!!:D
Band practice today!! :D I left my ez-link card in my jeans pocket and the driver of the 72 bus wanted me to pay $1.40 -.- What the heck, can't he see I'm a student? Think of a better way to cheat money, that's way too lame -.- Later when I took other buses the drivers said 55 cents only. And then I said something I shouldn't have-"shit". Oh my gosh...I disgraced Ngee Ann. So sorry Ngee Ann...I promise never to do that again. Then in the end I paid 60, 5 cents more than what I'm supposed to pay ok! Actually I have 5 cent coins, but only 2, so I had to either use it then or later. I'd still have to pay 10 cents more. I thought I'd be late for practice, but well, I wasn't. I reached at 9am, before they took attendance. My instrument was right inside and on top of something else, which means it's not on the floor which means it's put in a dangerous way and it's not supposed to be put that way! I think the person who put it there just threw it, and I think the person is a percussionist. It's not the first time. So I went to ask Darryl to help me take my instrument. That was only the second time I call his name you know :O The last time was months ago :O He managed to get my trombone! :D
So then set up instruments and washed mouthpiece. Some of our seniors don't wash mouthpiece I think. I didn't help with the chairs today. My shirt was coming out because my skirt is so loose, so I went to the toilet to adjust my uniform, haha. When I came back, they were roughly done setting the place up already. The M-Learning Room was more cramp today because of the percussion instruments. We had no space! Then Mr Yeo asked us to change place then we had a lot of space-no chairs in front of us, the row in front was a bit shorter, haha. But Mr Yeo asked us to sit at the table that area, he said so that we have space and we cannot put our instrument down because the table is there so we have to hold the bell up very high, haha. Before that we had more space actually and besides, there's a gap under the table so me and Darryl still can hold our instruments low, only Kevin cannot, haha, because he's sitting in front of the drawers. Then we did warm-ups and went for sectionals.
For once we don't get people walking around, blocking us and staring at us! Focused on March "Blue Sky". I still cannot play High E flat properly... Kevin dropped his trombone!!! He was holding it at resting position and it suddenly dropped!! :O He gets to use the Brass Trombone when I don't and he doesn't appreciate and take care of it, whereas I am using the Tenor Trombone but I look after it and love it so much! Should switch instruments with him right? Darryl gave us 5min break and I called my mother to ask how I was going to go home without my card, it didn't help at all -.- She asked me to look pitiful-.- I'm not going to beg just to save a few cents ok! Then I said never mind, I'll pay the amount. Actually it was same as if I used the card, 55 cents, that idiot say what $1.40-.- Lame. Then we went back to the M-Learning Room, but before that, I asked Jaslyn to help me empty saliva. I've finally done it. I emptied my saliva in someone's shoe, that irritating person, but only a few drops of saliva came out. When we went in, Mr Yeo said we could go for break until 11.30am, but as usual, most people were late.
I got Jaslyn and Xuan Lin to go to 7-11 with me because I wanted to buy lollipop for my seniors. Actually my mother bought for her students and she bought 10 extra. She gave me 2 and the other 8, she left it at her table in school-.- The ones she bought only cost 30 cents and those 2 I bought cost 60 cents. I got orange flavour ones because that was the only appropriate one as the others were strawberry. I went back to school after that. I left the sweet for Darryl on his stand and the one for Kevin beside his Trombone. They came back late. And Darryl was beside me for so long but didn't say anything. Only after a while then he took it and said "This one you buy one right? Thank you ah." He actually knows it's from me! Then I went "How you know?" "Obvious la, only me and Cheng Heng have..." Haha. "Then just now so long you don't know meh?" "Know la, but must wait until now then say what" Hahaha! I thought he didn't know. Kevin's reaction is even worse. He took his trombone but left the lollipop on the table. Then after dismissal when we were going to leave the room he still didn't take it and I asked Darryl if he wanted that. Then Darryl call Cheng Heng and tell him "Cheng Heng, your lollipop." Then Kevin just "Oh ya." and take it. This kind of reaction, I don't know if it's know but don't care or don't know.
During combined practice, we started with playing the whole of March "Blue Sky" and then Mr Yeo focused mainly on the Clarinets and woodwinds but mostly Clarinets as usual and so the rest of us had nothing much to do. Darryl even took the time to rest. I mean rest as in really close his eyes. Mr Yeo might think he's sleeping if he looked but actually he's awake, only looks like he's sleeping, haha. And it's not the first time, which means Mr Yeo is always focusing on the Clarinets and we have nothing to do! When Mr Yeo says "Everyone! At bar.../At part...! He will sit up and get ready to play. That shows he isn't sleeping, haha. I think he's bored, because I am too.
After combined practice (which was more like sectionals for some) we were dismissed. This Saturday, a trombone alumna will be celebrating her 21st birthday. Her birthday is actually 16 September not 6 September. Actually the whole trombone section is invited but I don't even know her and I don't think she knows me either. All I know is that she's Geck Woon and she's our senior. Darryl says he doesn't want to go but he still agreed. Speaking of him, it reminds me that I chatted with him yesterday. The funny thing is that I asked "You ARE my senior right?" haha. Suky (trombone alumna) gave me a wrong one last time. Had a nice chat, haha. Bye!

