Tuesday 22 July
Band practice today! Very fun :D We combined with Main Band the whole day. Darryl asked me to sit between him and Kevin then I "Huh?!" I did that a lot of times. We started with warm ups. Chromatic Low Tones. I got lost sometimes. It's only position 6 and I'm at position 7 already. I kept looking at Darryl's positioning. Then we moved on to Trumpet Voluntary. Then, Majulah Singapura and finally March "Blue Sky" which some were unfamiliar with. I only played Trumpet Voluntary because I didn't know how to play Majulah Singapura and March "Blue Sky". Darryl kept asking me to just try and play but I didn't. I need to have Sectionals. So I didn't play much today :(
I thought Sec 1s only have to play Trumpet Voluntary and Majulah Singapura but actually we have to play all 3 songs. Oh yes, in Trumpet Voluntary there are high A flats. Ms Leong asked Kevin to play it then when she asked me to play, they both (D&K) told me position 3. Then asked the 3 of us to play but looked like only pointing to both of them and I didn't play then she said "3 of you!"...
At the end of practice, Cliff said Friday's practice is postponed to Thursday then I asked Darryl if Sec 1 must come. He asked Cliff and guess what he said. "Yes, of course! Sec 1s you're part of the Main Band!" And Darryl went "Ouch." for me I think, which means Main Band is a lot tougher than Junior Band. Then I asked him "We're part of the Main Band? Since when we join Main Band? I thought we were still in Junior Band..." YAY! I'VE JOINED MAIN BAND!! THAT'S SO COOL! I'M GOING TO BE WITH MY SENIORS EVERY PRACTICE!! :D :D :D
After Band practice, Xue Qi told me that we have some course on Thursday. We're from different classes but our course is on the same day. So I was thinking if I should go for the course. Obviously, I want to go for Sectionals. Today was a very fun practice :) Bye!

