Band practice today. 9-12pm. I reached just time. No Sec 3s again, but they'll come next practice, cos it's 3pm-6pm I think. My juniors were earlier than me. Today's supposed to be sectionals, but since Mr Yu hadn't come yet, Andrew the assistant student conductor conducted warm ups for the 3rd time only. We did Chromatic Low Tones and Total Training. After that the ADM asked whether we wanted to try and combine play a song or sectionals but no one answered, so she asked Larry. He said sectionals, I also said sectionals. So we went for sectionals. We went outside, because I said there's no O' Levels today. Actually I didn't know, but I saw the board beside the stairs downstairs, it said 10 Nov but today's 9 Nov, so I presumed it's for tomorrow. The calender's for O' Levels, got the word above it. So we went to the usual spot, but got a bag on the table so decided to stand. Benjamin did his homework, Mr Yu asked him to memorise all the positions. He said he memorised then he forgot. Haha. So I tested him a while, only got to test a few notes. Some (or one, forgot) wrong (very far, haha) some correct. I think 2. A natural and high B natural. Then they ask us to go back in already :( No idea why. Mr Yu appeared and disappeared immediately :O Purple shirt again. First time I saw him he was wearing purple shirt, I think 2nd time also. Haha. We were doing our own stuff again when he reappeared. He ask us to play tuning note but never really tune. Then Great Band Workout. And then Procession to Peace very slowly, he conducted in 2/2 but the speed is 4/4. We didn't finish the song, we played until the piccolo solo where no one play then we stop for sectionals inside.
At first I teach them the whole time (and didn't play together with them) on Procession to Peace only. We're supposed to do that and Big Bands Play Folk Songs, but they don't even know how to play the whole song how to do both? Mr Yu came some times and he only work on Benjamin. He said he don't know how to breathe and it's surprising he can survive until now, HAHAHA! Special needs, haha. Because he didn't breathe enough I think. I taught the whole first page then Mr Yu ask me to take a break (from teaching). After that we (my section) self practise. I noticed DC kept slacking by talking to Tuba, so asked Benjamin to tell him stop slacking. And he did. Then Jaslyn's junior who was already slacking by not playing turned and talked to him. And I asked Benjamin to stop slacking. Then he say he's resting. I said he rest so long. I got braces he don't have then he said braces can what. Then I said something like "You try go put la!" Then I told them to change places and they argue with me. Walao. Then I 大声 already (although not scolding) and this time, it's command them to change, which they did after a lot of rubbish between themselves. Jaslyn say I very strict. Crazy juniors, haha. Later Jaslyn and I went toilet. We went to music room to ask Mr Yu and I said our juniors are slacking. After we came back, I noticed they changed back their places. And DC was slacking. I asked Ben "You ask him to change?" but he thought I was telling him to tell DC to change, so they change back.
At about 12pm Mr Yu and those who went to the music room came back and we did Procession to Peace, again stopped abruptly at the flute part. I said today DC wash bowl. Then after I kept my stuff and came back out, the bowl is still there. Benjamin was telling him to wash, then he raise his hand (???) and call my name to say he doesn't wanna wash it. I told him to wash then he said last time he washed, now Benjamin's turn. Then I scolded him :( I yelled "Just now I ask you to stop slacking then you don't want to stop slacking. I ask you to change place then you don't want to change place!" Then he went already. Actually I remembered he washed last practice, but that's a punishment for slacking. I actually didn't want to scold them, and I didn't scold because I felt like it. But with that attitude, my section's gonna be a disaster after I leave in Sec 4, so I had no choice. I've never even yelled so loudly in band until now. I don't usually scold people so loudly (I don't even scold them usually) but hopefully this'll prevent them from slacking again. Haiz...
Labels: Band, Feelings/Emotions, Juniors, Trombone, Tutor

