♫♪I'm a happy 2nd Trombone!!♪♫
Tuesday's practice neither of our conductor's came. So after warm up Rebekah told us to go for sectionals till 5! That time was 3+. Bags on the table outside so we can't sit. We played with a metronome today. We played in order, Ponyo, The Incredibles (had to stop to change metronome tempo), Heal The World. Kevin keep rushing, I think his 3/4 note value is too short. I was playing that melody part when Tutor Yu came. Save us from boredom, or mostly me rather. Because he asked who first? Then Kevin point to me, anyway he went first last Tuesday. Lol, Tutor said "Ladies first is it?" Haha. Then he went to the other side, I guessed he went to Tubas to practise. Scales, as usual. He noticed that I put my mouthpiece too high on my mouth (because there's a mark on my mouth). The correct one is lower, tired of course because I always put so high. At first my high B flat was out of tune but after I put the mouthpiece correctly he showed me the tuner, perfect pitch. And it stayed for a few seconds! :D Better than usual, perfect then out again. But I stil can't use that position because cannot pitch with that. So anyway, after that I forgot how but for something he took my trombone then realised the slide so stiff. So he asked me to call Kevin to check his slide. I went to get him and true enough, tubas. Tutor checked and his slide also stiff. Then he teach us to oil the instrument. He said the oil we've been using is WRONG! Although it says valve and SLIDE oil but he knows. It doesn't help. He asked for another kind of oil and I remember when we clean the trombones we put some oils also, so I told Kevin and he was about to WALK into the band room when I moved the window and found it unlocked. So I told him to jump in, hehehe! Junior teaching Senior wrong things instead of vice versa! Tutor took the 2 with red cap, he said now there's an oil with both mixed together with black cap. We cleaned the slides and he helped me put the smaller botttle oil at the end of the slide and spread. Then I use the big bottle one for the top. When I remove it from the slide can see one string of the oil, (something like spider web). "EEEEH!" Haha! Then there's wind blowing it. Tutor: Can fly one. Lol. Then Kevin do it himself. Tutor realised he put the outer slide the wrong way, HAHA! Like Darryl last time. He also showed us the tuning slide oil, which I remember as "pink liquid". Then Kevin jumped back in to keep it. After that Kevin went back and I continued scales although Rebekah called them for combined. (By then I think more than 1/2h passed) But just then the Percussion tutor called him and they went off somewhere. He say what he go look for the teacher and he'll be back later. So I went in for combined, was about 4.30pm.
Combined was sucky. Tutor came back and taught Kevin. At 5pm we played Kokomo but it was yucky then Rebekah wanted to make us sectionals on it but decided to give us 5min break before trying again. I went to find them, they just finished scales. And he taught him slur (which I asked just now before combined). But too bad I had to go back when they just started. Later he came back and James went. At the end of practice rebekah asked us to feedback on the leaders. I only feedback on Germaine.
Thursday's practice. I ate lunch with Jas and went upstairs. Later Xue Qi and Camilia (her friend and my friend through her) came. She said everytime she's in the Indoor Sports Hall she sees a tall guy, but only the head, and he's playing instrument. Me: CHENG HENG! Haha. Xue Qi told her it's my senior. Camilia was saying some stuff about Jason (tall 2R6 classmate in basbetball with her). She said he's tall, I said my senior's taller. She said he's very thin, I said my senior also. Xue Qi: Aiya, she love her senior one la. Lol. Then later she said Ding Cong looked like a pervert, not knowing he's my junior. But I told her. Anyway a lot of people late because today's practice starts at 2.30pm and Sec 3s lessons end then. Kevin came, but after him still wait for a lot of people. There's a bitch in the band, what's worse is she's chosen to lead. WTF is her bitchy problem?! She keep insulting my beloved senior and bullying him and being rude and disrespectful to him. F*** that bimbotic proud bitch, even her voice is bitchy She even threw a pencil at him when he ignored her. (Obviously he's pissed off, even an idiot knows that. That shows how idiotic she is.) I was so f***king angry that I was gonna pick up the pencil at throw it in her face but he picked it up and kept it in his pocket. And the bitch still insulted him. I'm quite sensitive to people's body language, feelings and all those things that show their mood. So I presumed Kevin didn't want any conflict so I respected that and decided not to shout at her this once. ONLY THIS ONCE. I promise the next time I see that I won't do nothing, because: I love my senior. I remember last year when I was in Junior Band, I wrote here jokingly that he doesn't know how to teach or something like that and Rebekah tagged to say that I must treasure him, he's my last senior with Darryl. And I do treasure them.
He's got an iPod (I think, not sure what it is), cool! :D Nice colour too! Lol, so cute, he went out (with the earphones still in his ears). When he came back Rebekah said go for sectionals (I thought he heard) and I stood up to go out. "Huh? What?" Hahaha :) Could tell that he was very pissed of, although he doesn't look angry but the expression of unhappiness is there, like what I do sometimes when I'm angry. Even when he smiled I can tell. (Oh ya, he didn't smile for no reason ok. It's cos we went to the corridor but our usual place was crowded (and the bitch was there) and I told him there's a lot of people there, and I smiled. That's why.) So we went to the left corridor. Warmed up with B flat and E flat major scales. He was at YMCA score so I flipped to the page. He played the slur part and asked if I know how. I asked "How?" "You don't know meh?" Lol, cos last time I always tell him slur is soft tonguing so he thinks I know, and I do, but since tutor taught him I asked him to teach. He said make the first note longer second note shorter. Then he forgot, haha. Then I played and he said something like that... We practised by ourselves. Damn, why the bitch had to come with her friends and use our area -.- Anyway, I tried glistening and sliding 2 times instead of the usual one. He's like "What you trying?" HAHA! Something new. I thought that if we slide once we'll miss some notes (althought it doesn't matter) but if we do it twice we'll pass all the notes on the way to the last note. There's no last note of glist in YMCA but from high D flat to A not so nice, it's nicer to end with a lower note. He tried also, but funny la, he go up first then down. In the end his sound also go up first. He said from C (3)to B flat(1) is up then I said 5 is also B flat. I think my "double-glist" is cool, but can even has triple or quintruple since double go to F only. Still can go 2 ranges lower. After that combined. Rebekah was playing Peanut Butter from Sesame Street on the bells (something like xylophone) and she kept playing wrong notes. Then once she played wrongly and she go hit so hard. Then Kevin look at me I look at him then laugh at her lol. When she play wrong she become like that, so it's normal. We played the performance songs. And tried Flight Of The Piasa for fun. We had a 2nd melody at page 2 and the band almost "died" there but I played and happen to be able to get the high F and E flat and saved them. Because sometimes when the melody is played wrong they'll all stop. Kevin stop right when we're supposed to play! I think I was the only one. Phew, but they "died" soon after that melody -.-
Friday's practice. We had rehearsal in the Sports Hall. Wushu was having training there, or rehearsal, since after us in the performance is them. Kevin's slide was stiff so he went to get the CORRECT oils. BUT BEFORE THAT, he asked me for tissue to clean the slide. And I was reluctant to give, because DARRYL GOT SO MANY from me last time. He said that's what the tutor said so must follow, then he went out. Yeah yeah I gave it to him in the end, but only half! Like Tuesday I got the tissue from Jas and spilt for us half each. He actually said thank you woah, that's quite rare, lol! I think I say that almost every practice (to him and other people). Warm ups. Mr Yeo came half way and took over the warm ups. I realised there's an emcee. When he read I realised he said Ngee Ann Symphonic Band, and changed the order of the songs. It's supposed to be Ponyo, The Incredibles, Heal The World, YMCA, Kokomo and Sesame Street. Then become Ponyo, Sesame Street, Kokomo, YMCA, The Incredibles, Heal The World. Before we played YMCA, the dance CCA came in then Kevin was like "Eee..." he say he wanna play with his left eye closed. Because their on the left. Don't know why la, some of them wore their costume some just wore pe shirt and very short shorts. After we played YMCA they screamed but I think we ignored them, haha! Then I heard Kevin tell Chen Hua something about 减肥 -.- Then when they moved to the right, he's gonna play with his right eye closed, lame la. Mr Yeo don't want to end with Heal The World, what tragic death, so we end with Incredibles. After the whole thing we went back to the band room.
Mr Yeo gave us good news and bad news. He said bad news is we don't know the order of the songs and we said he changed it. I realised it's the order written on the board, but whoever is in charge, HELLO! THERE ARE NUMBERS BESIDE THE SONGS! -.- So we decided on the new order. The good news is we could play through the whole thing -.- That's nothing fantastic, we should be able to right, given that the performance is on Wednesday! Seniors came. So many came but not Darryl. After a short while Darryl came. We practised some more, then Flight Of The Piasa. Damn, I cried at band again. At one part Mr Yeo asked to hear us play then he said he has "a man playing like a women (I know 'women' is plural) and a women playing like a man'. Then "ok maybe not like a women la, just more gentle" and I'm "not very ladylike". Then he associate our playing with shit and say what I play like my teeth are together and I play like that I'm 'in the toilet already'. And is that even funny? No! And the 2 of them laugh like ?! I tried to laugh also and take it lightly, but couldn't. Then my face is like :| straight and unhappy. Maybe Mr Yeo saw, or maybe not. He said "You all don't always laugh at her la..." And Kevin's "I'm sorry" seemed to be directed at Mr Yeo. "Your sound only a bit better what, just means that easier to laosai what" Haha. Then after I played again less "constipatedly", I sit there then got tears in my eyes -.- What the heck. Then later ask us to play again. Got crescendo so I crescendo and he said "You don't need to (sings a crescendo exxageratedly by shouting at the end)" Uh and again is that even funny? No! And the horny guy laugh damn loud. He thinks he's that good is it, he is worse than his Sec 1 junior despite being a Sec 3 ok. And obviously means he's way lousier than me in terms of both attitude and playing skill, and it's not like I'm super great. I'm just average, he sucks and he dares laugh at me. My section also. This time my expression even worse, I was really glaring in the direction of that guy but not at him since my file's there. And when Mr Yeo talk to me I just stare at my file and nod, cos I don't wanna look at him with that scary expression which he probably saw anyway. The tears don't flow out always, but they're there. I think Mr Yeo suspected I was crying la, because I cry like a baby and my actions so obvious every time. Wth, why is band like that. Sometimes I really don't think "band is cool" or "band rocks". Sometimes I think the opposite. I'm thinking of 6 April again. Darryl left at 5.30, isn't he supposed to go at 15?
Today, much better :) Warm ups, woah Andrew first time eh, since he's asst SC, a bit weird. We went through our songs and Flight Of The Piasa. Before the break was taken by Mr Yeo. During break, I ate my peanut butter bread :D I like both Peanut Butters (the song and the thing)! After break was taken by Ms Leong because Mr Yeo left. After the break was all Flight Of The Piasa. She went faster. Hmm... I realise I get lost less than Kevin, not bad... (for me, but for him of course not good :S) She told us to breathe after a phrase and told us what one phrase is. I was thinking, how can we all breathe at the same time? But I just did and we marked out breath marks. After practice, Ms Leong left and we thought of gimmicks! :D Trombone section was damn cool in Peanut Butter and cooler in Ponyo. Peanut Butter we and trumpet take turns to stand because we take turns to play. Jas don't need to stand cos she said it's hard -.- Then first time we tried, after me and Kevin stand we play a few notes then he sit down cos he play wrongly or don't know how to play. And he sat and DIDN'T PLAY! Sabotage me solo huh? Haha! 2nd time didn't alr. Ponyo, we glist upwards although we slide downwards, haha! And somehow we both hold higher than 90d at melodies. And the quavers part we gradually go up. Rebekah said Trombone Section's very nice :D :D Kokomo don't have anything. Then when we play the starting Chen Hua turn around but nothing to see, haha. I can't think of anything! :( Serene stand for her solo. Rebekah suggested pointing our bells at her, then Kevin take the whole trombone point at her instead of putting playing position and facing her. And other people also not cooperative, they face the bell at her but never put in playing position -.- So what, put on their lap where no one can see and face the bell to her for? I was thinking of that also, actually can one but they don't cooperate so Rebekah thought it didn't look nice. YMCA I moved but Kevin didn't. YMCA can move a lot also, we got lots of all crotchet bars, just left right each count la. I learnt from Jezer on Open House last year, haha! At the end part, we stand up row by row. I didn't know we're supposed to remain standing. After that, dismissed, late. Bye.

